You did not vote? It starts now..

Now that elections have passed half way and nearing to an end one must ask the question, 'What next?'. We have spent much more of our time, money and resources in voting and or conducting this election. Does change India campaign stop here?

I must say No! This is just a resolution for cleaner and better India. Like the preamble to Our Constitution, this is the preamble or true spirit to much larger part of the work we need to do.
When I say work, I do not mean one has to volunteer for AAP, BJP, INC or in that matter any other party. I do not intend any monetary benefit for any work.

Before adopting any attitude we must understand we are a democracy in great diversity. The winner is majority. In a civilized world we must respect the institutions of democracy.

We have acted and done our job. This truly reflects in the voter turnout across all the booths in the country. We are not just the largest democracy but the also one exercising the largest franchise. Yet I would mention, here, that rights without duties as no meaning. If voting is our right, it is our duty to safeguard our nation and its property.

We must as a next step, promise ourselves that we will not again resort to 'dharna' which affects the life of the nation. We will not block rails for the demands of reservations and linguistic identity for another state. We ave spoken much that we the youth, for the youth, of the youth. Now we must show what youth is in all good respect.
We can criticize but not quarrel. We must debate and not protest. We must practise and through it preach tolerance.

I hear most [people] voting that they are against corruption, weak governance, unemployment, more. I am surprised if not doubtful to hear some vote for India to be a super power.

I do agree that the government is responsible for all these shortcomings. But I also can't deny that it is all alone to be blamed. [Keeping the judiciary out], the other pillars media and society i.e. we the people are also to be caught. Remember, Corruption is always like clapping hands or shaking them. You can never do them with one hand. It is always a give and take.

We have to be watchful of not just others but ourselves. As responsible citizens we should 'whistleblow' whenever we see something fishy. Also we must be ethically and morally strong not to be corrupted.

I see many people complaining of bad situations in railways, roadways, public hospitals, more. We have feedback and suggestions form in various government sites and offices. Do we use one? What is interesting is that I find many people with brilliant ideas (Facebook and Twitter is full of such posts).

One could realize their duties and responsibilities better than another. As I go for voting in May I resolve that I will not just stop there. I will use my other rights effectively and perform my duties pro-actively.

I remember my favorite poem and one that suits this note.

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high 
Where knowledge is free 
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments By narrow domestic walls 
Where words come out from the depth of truth 
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection 
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit 
Where the mind is led forward by thee Into ever-widening thought and action 
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake - Rabindranath Tagore