Get Active, Good Choice

Quite a number of events have occured in my daily routine as well around me making me to jot them down before I forget the feeling.

These days lot of 'get active' atmosphere have been created. In Office everyone seems to have been overtaken by the reward in coming, or a simpler reason for the joy and advantages of staying physically fit and active. In my daily activities, I have restarted getting off-bed early and completing miles of jogging, cycling and swimming on alternate days if not daily.
Everyone knows the advantages of exercising and I do not wish to re-lecture on those. What I have experienced are some 'I know' but 'I don't remember now' things. Jogging does not only help build stamina but also has great effect on eyes too. My observation of running during early hours (before sunrise) is that it helps improve your eyesight and enjoying the visuals. Not just that you feel fresh the whole day, you are able to understand and reproduce well whatever you study or read. Also, sometimes you remember things whenever required, however, you may not remember exactly when you studied/read it. It helps recalling old knowledge and thereby improving brain memory.



My Late grandfather wrote,
"A leader is the painter of vision and architect of the journey" and "Leadership is the ability to convert good intentions into result".

Not until very recently I was half conscious one day while swimming. I remember that moment because it allowed me to practically learn that particular aspect of leadership. As I had partially recovered I could see him beside me. Peter Van Geit. He showed no signs of hurry. He came near me and asked me if I was feeling alright and told me in an enlightening and encouraging way, "Sometimes you do intense swimming and the brain lacks oxygen & you feel unconscious". Then filled with humour he asked me, "Are you gonna survive?". I replied, "Yes". He put me a choice, "Would you wanna stay or come inside water and continue swimming?" I said, "I am not feeling fully recovered and would therefore prefer to rest until next time than to get panicked inside water". He respected my choice and supported it and allowed me to rest.
Another day we (in group) were jogging together. He [Peter] made it a point to stay with the last and kept pacing with them. He noticed the exhaustion amongst first timers and accordingly kept taking breaks so as not to over-strain them. He kept boosting them all way with words like, "50 more step", "100 meters for water", "you are doing good", "excellent pace", "keep running" and more.
His idea is not just to exercise or run for miles but to create future runners. He wants others to be regular and self-sufficient when it comes to running , swimming, etc. And this is exactly what a leader does. He, not just uplifts his team but in the process, creates a legacy of new leaders who can lead themselves and their surroundings.



I love my mother so much and so do my father. I love my brother and so do my cousins. I love my friends whether they are male or female (s). "What I love?", "Whom I love?", is never in my thoughts or questions.
In fact, the only sensible question that can be put is, "Why I love?". I love because I find that to fulfill my needs.
'My intellectual needs', 'My material needs', and the most important to me, 'My emotional needs'. There are many people whom I love and yet what is common in most of the love in those relationship is the respect I have with them.
They respect me, my thoughts, give me time and attention. They call me up and inquire me. They guide me and inspire me. They listen to me and make me feel big, larger than life. Honestly speaking my life is coloful because of them and when I miss these colors, I start feeling lonely and depressed. Although technology is so advanced today, I feel distant from many. One of the reasons might be that, I have not adapted to few but widespread new social tools and technology of present day. At such junctures, my work i.e. my office, my colleagues and very few loved ones allow me not to be lonely. Even otherwise, I do not allow loneliness to make me do things which not just ruin myself but also those attached to me and my society. I prefer joining trekking, cycling and swimming clubs. I enjoy doing physical activity and making new friends on every new trip.
Life is a journey and it always has choices, Unlike a train or plane journey which you can make many times, this can be done only once. Unplug the earphones and talk to every person you meet. Laugh, enjoy, be creative. It is a journey of not 1 hours or 10 hours but more than 6lac hours (if you do not get crashed before 70 years of age).You cannot stay quiet for long.



But does enjoying life means you enjoy it bad ways or encourage ways which are immoral, unethical, unhealthy? Let's try to define empowerment.
We can agree that empowerment means an ability to make independent choices.
Choices which are neither 'forced' nor 'helpless ones'. All can and should make their choices. We are part of nature. We are not robots to be coded and ordered. Let me say I make a choice which by default implies you also can make a choice. But let me say I make a bad choice, do I ask you to make it too? Is the society now be made to run on my idea of choice whether good or bad?
You say, you have a choice to have sex before marriage and outside of marriage. Ofcourse you have the choice. Your husband agrees, your mother and children agrees, well and good. If not, you still have your choice. But for that very latter choice, you cannot say that only you have a choice. If your husband does not agree, he has a choice to leave you as well. He has a right not to give his property. You cannot say only you have a choice. What is more absurd here is connecting #Your choice to women empowerment.
There are many things to women empowerment than unbuttoning one's bra wherever and whenever, wearing very short dresses or posing naked in deeply rooted culture and sentimental society. In fact women empowerment is actually not that. It has erupted because some society (s) and some people have subjugated them. It, however, does not mean we break the balance in gender equality, elsewhere by disturbing the very choices they have selected together as family. What actually being done is from one extreme where women are subjugated we are swinging to another extreme where man may be (in fact are) subjugated.